We are just two short weeks away from the opening of data submission for the California Air Resources Board Consumer Products Survey.
Although the survey formally launched in September, ARB has continued to work on its submission tool and providing guidance to industry on compliance in order to begin accepting survey data once the ball drops in Times Square. On December 15, 2014, the Board held another webinar including an overview of frequently asked questions and further information on uploading survey data.
The webinar provided an overview of the Consumer Products Survey requirements and timeline (the key date is that data on all 2013 covered consumer products, whether or not they contain VOC, must be submitted by March 2, 2015). It also provided detailed information on the following reporting issues:
- product grouping (same products differing only in size, fragrance, or slight VOC variation, grouping of LVPs)
- gift sets, items sold individually from gift sets, and product samples
- density, product size, and mass/volume fill
- fragrances and ingredients
- uploading labels
- using the Board’s data upload tool, CPRT